ProduKey v1.93 - Recover lost Windows product key (CD-Key) and Office 2003/2007 product key. Copyright (c) 2005 - 2018 Nir Sofer
ProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007), Windows (Including Windows 8/7/Vista), Exchange Server, and SQL Server installed on your computer. You can view this information for your current running operating system, or for another operating system/computer – by using command-line options. This utility can be useful if you lost the product key of your Windows/Office, and you want to reinstall it on your computer.
- When running produkey.exe, Some Antivirus programs displays an alert and/or block you from running it. Click here to read more about false alerts in Antivirus programs
If your Antivirus software shows a false alert, you can use the following article that explains how to send a report about a false positive issue to your Antivirus company:
How to Report Malware or False Positives to Multiple Antivirus Vendors
- For some types of license keys under Windows 7/8/2008, the product key is not stored in the Registry, and thus ‘Product key was not found’ message will be displayed.
- If you bought your computer with installed operating system, you may find the Windows product key appeared in ProduKey utility is different from the product key on your Windows CD. This problem is mostly reported with Dell computers.
- From unknown reason, the product key of Visual Stuido .NET is written in the Registry as Office XP product…
- In old versions of Office (Office 2000 and below), the ‘Product Key’ value is not available.
Supported Products List
- Microsoft Windows 98/ME
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Doesn’t work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Doesn’t work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (Doesn’t work with all types of licenses)
- Microsoft Office 2000 (Only ProductID is displayed)
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Visual Studio
- Some of the Adobe and Autodesk products.
ProduKey works on all versions of Windows. Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported. However, some features, like viewing the product keys of another operating system instance, are only supported on Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8.
This utility is released as freeware. You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM, Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don’t charge anything for this and you don’t sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product. If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided “AS IS” without any warranty, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
ProduKey doesn’t requite any installation process or additional DLLs. In order to start using it, simply extract the files to any folder you like, and then run the executable file – produkey.exe
If you want, you can also download ProduKey with full install/uninstall support (produkey_setup.exe), and then install it like any other software.
The main window of ProduKey displays the list of Windows, Office, and SQL Server products installed on your system. For each product, the “Product ID” and “Product Key” are displayed. If you want the view the product key information in another computer, or in another operating system within the same computer, use the command-line options below.